Next meeting date

Next meeting date:

is Friday, May 17 at 12:30

Monday, September 7, 2015

Getting started

It's Labor Day and the living is easy....

As the new school year gets underway, and we didn't have to prepare for it or be there, I had time to think. I thought, "How can I best communicate with my fellow retirees and friends about what is going on with us all these days?"

Facebook? No, not everyone is on it or likes it or wants to be that public.

Shutterfly share site? Yes, that's been fun for posting photos of our lunch groups over these last few years. But, our photos are mixed in with other friends of mine.

A website? Hmm....

A blog? Yes!! Easy to set up and quick for posts. It can have photos, comments, announcements. I like it.

Here it is! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, to make life easier I changed the settings so anybody can comment. Please say who you are in the comment if you use "Anonymous", ok? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi, Is anyone else getting freaked out about so many members passing away?
    Now you know why I chose failedretirement@gmail.com to be my gmail account. Too creepy to retire fully. Figure kids were and will be my life forever. Today I taught 5 classes in a row, had lunch duty, 20 minutes off, then taught 2 more classes. Correct--7 classes of Spanish and a duty. No wonder all Catholic School Teachers go right to heaven! Three days a week, nineteen classes and 2 duties. ps. 10 different levels. Prek tp 8. Gotta love it. ps I do love the kids. Keeps you young and busy. Please stay well everyone--this is getting freaky lately. Sharon McVeigh

    ReplyDelete